Thursday, March 4, 2010

Communication

One of the most important characteristics or qualities to have as an individual is communication skills. I hate contacting someone via phone, text, or email and never receiving a response. Not only is communication key in the business world but it is essential for any healthy relationship. For instance, if one invites another to lunch and the other person cannot make it, then the rejector should say, "I'm so sorry but I have already made plans. I would love to have lunch some other time. Thank you for the offer." Yet I have invited people to eat and then never hear a response. I will something like,"you don't have to come if you don't want to." Then finally I hear they have plans. I DO NOT have a problem with people having previous plans. I just think it is courteous for that person to address the situation in the proper manner.

Maybe I should do a series for my blogs on how to behave in a proper social fashion. Maybe the art of communication and socializing.

No comments:

Post a Comment